Comté and summer veg frittata
Recipe below! ️️️
Happy This is the PERFECT summer dinner recipe, and it is just as delicious cold! The Comte gives it such a different flavour to a standard frittata.
kindly sent me all of the ingredients along with the recipe which is so good I needed to share it with you guys! Check out their insta for more drool-worthy recipes
Ingredients (4 people):
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp plain flour
115ml single cream
200g Comté (12 to 18-month is best) – 150g grated and 50g cut into long matchsticks
25g soft herbs, e.g. parsley, basil, dill, chives or mint, roughly chopped
Knob of butter
Seasonal vegetables, cooked, e.g. a few spears of griddled asparagus or charred slices of courgette
Optional: red pepper; fried lardons or chorizo; ham
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan that is oven safe to medium with the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 15 mins until it is soft and golden, but not burnt.
2. Heat oven to 190℃ (170℃ fan).
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, flour and cream and season with ¾ teaspoon of salt and some black pepper. Mix in the herbs and the grated Comté.
4. Add the onion and stir it in.
5. Return the frying pan to the hob on medium-high, add a knob of butter and once foaming, pour in the egg mixture. Lay over the vegetables and, if you are using them, the peppers, lardons, chorizo or ham. Cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes until a ring 1-2cm thick around the edge of the pan is set, but still runny in the middle.
6. Scatter the sticks of Comté over the top of the frittata and put it in the centre of the oven, uncovered, for about 6 minutes until it is just set.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Carefully slide the frittata out of the pan (do not flip it over) onto a plate or serving board and slice it into wedges. Serve warm, or cold!