Fillet steak, butterbean mash, crispy leeks and roasted mushroom and tomato sauce
Happy Friday! This plate of food looks a little brown but it’s packed with veggies and tastes sooo good. The steaks were from and were SUCH GOOD QUALITY. You can order their steak box online which comes with lots of lovely products (including these cute little salt pots!)
Ingredients (for 2):
2 fillet steaks
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tin butterbeans
1/2 a lemon
3 large mushrooms
3 large tomatoes
4 large cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1. Heat your oven to 200. Place your tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and 3 tbsp olive oil into a baking tray. Crush the spices and add them too. Bake for 45 mins.
2. Blend your drained butterbeans until smooth. Add in 1tbsp olive oil, the lemon juiced and salt to taste. Put in a pan and slowly warm through.
3. Get your steaks out the fridge to bring to room temperature. Chop your leeks into 3 then in half lengthways, then thinly lengthways, add them to a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and stir often so they don’t burn, but crisp.
4. Pat your steaks dry. Rub them with a good serving of salt and pepper, and 1tbsp olive oil. Meanwhile heat a frying pan on the stove until very hot. Fry your steaks for 2-3 mins each side or until they have a nice colour. Add the butter to the pan and continue to fry for another 2 mins each side whilst basting. Remove from the pan and rest.
5. Blend the items in the oven tray, add a little water if too thick. Plate up, with your butterbeans on the bottom, then the steak and leeks and then your sauce. Serve!