Indian goat curry recipe
I LOVE how rich goat’s meat is and how tender it is when you slow cook it. It’s pretty easy to get from butchers or online too
My friend who is from India made me this curry and it is SO good I had to share his recipe with you! Save it and recreate
Ingredients (4 people):
1kg bone in goat meat
2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste (or finely chopped amounts of each)
1 cup natural yogurt
2-3 green chillies roughly chopped
1 tbsp red chilli powder (deggi merch if you can find it)
0.5 tsp Asafoetida if you can find it
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil/ghee
Handful of roughly chopped coriander leaves
The spice mix:
1 tbsp coriander seeds
0.25tsp cumin seeds
1 black cardamom pod
0.5 tbsp black pepper
1 green cardamom pod
0.5 inch cinamon stick
1 tsp salt
5 onions, thinly sliced
4 tbsp oil/ghee
1 black Cardamom pod
4 Black Pepper corns
1 bay leaf
1 inch cinnamon stick
Handful coriander leaves for serving
1. Mix the goat with all of the marinade ingredients, cover and marinade in the fridge overnight.
2. Roast your spice mix dry in a pan until fragrant, be careful not to burn. Leave to cool then grind in a pestle and mortar to a powder.
3. Add the oil to the pan and add the cinnamon stick, pepper corns, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf and fry for a couple of mins. Add the onions and fry slowly for 15 mins until golden brown.
4. Add the meat and all the marinade into the onions and fry for 10 mins. Add in the spice mix and 1L of water and simmer gently until the meat is tender and the sauce thickens (1-2 hours).
5. You can keep adding water if it dries out and the meat isn’t tender. Garnish with coriander snd serve.