Strawberry, goats cheese and basil focaccia recipe
AD// Did you know were the first supermarket to stock homegrown British strawberries?
On the 24th June Aldi are celebrating Strawberry Moon, which was once seen as a guide to 16th century farmers to harvest their strawberries ️
To celebrate with them, pick up some of their tasty strawbs in store from just £1 a punnet and give this recipe a go! It goes very well as a sharing dish drizzled with balsamic glaze
Ingredients (8 servings of bread):
400g strong white bread flour
100g brown bread flour
7g fast action dry yeast
6tbsp olive oil
3 tsp sea salt
1/2tsp dried basil
50g goats cheese
1/2 a punnet of Aldi strawberries
1. Put your flour in a bowl, placing the yeast in as well and mixing through. Then add 2 tsp of your salt and mix through.
2. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and add in 2tbsp of the oil and 400ml luke warm water.
3. Mix well until a sticky dough is formed. Knead for 10 mins until smoother, then place into a clean bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave for an hour. The dough should double in size.
4. Add 1tbsp of olive oil to a tray, coating all the sides. Place your dough in the tray and stretch to fill it. Cover again with a tea towel and leave again for 45 mins.
5. Turn your oven on to 200 degrees. Whilst that’s warming, slice your strawbs lengthways into 4 slices. Break up your goats cheese into 2cm chunks.
6. Press the dough with your fingers to make large dents in it all over. Mix together the rest of the oil, the rest of the salt and 1tbsp of water. Pour this over the dough, then top the dough with the strawberries, cheese and the basil.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Cool for 1 hour before serving. This goes really well dipped in balsamic vinegar!