White chocolate, cardamom and raspberry tart ️
Recipe below! I’ve wanted to make a white chocolate tart for so long, and I knew raspberry was the classic pairing. I wanted something to take the sweetness out of the white chocolate and a touch of cardamom seemed the answer! This was the perfect balance for me and the spice is subtle. I definitely need some pastry refining work andhave colder hands for pastry in general but I was pretty happy with this!
Pastry (or buy your own):
2 egg yolks
125g cold unsalted butter
100g icing sugar
250g plain flour
2 tbsp milk
15 cardamom pods
Raspberries and icing sugar for decor
250g white chocolate
330ml double cream
3 tbsp golden caster sugar
1. The day before infuse your cream. Crack the cardamom and put in a pan with cream and heat until bubbling, cook for 2 mins. Chill overnight.
2. Make pastry. Mix the butter and icing sugar in a blender or by hand and add a pinch of salt. Mix in the egg yolks and flour until crumbly then the milk. Make into a ball gently then rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
3. Roll it on a floured surface into a circular shape about 1/2 cm thick, pick up with rolling pin and place over tart tin. Shape and leave an overhang of 1cm. Chill for 30 mins.
4. Blind bake for 10-15 mins or until cooked through with baking beans or rice in foil/baking paper (google this).
5. Put oven to 120 fan, 140 normal. Chop chocolate into a bowl and put a sieve over the top.
6. Heat up the cream (don’t boil), pour through the sieve onto chocolate, leave for 5 mins then stir until mixed.
7. Whisk egg and sugar in a separate bowl, then add the chocolate mix and whisk.
8. Pour into tart case and bake for 30 mins or until just wobbly.
9. Leave to cool then chill for 2 hours. Decorate and serve!